Business & Development

Building Inspector
(423) 676-1526

300 East Main Boulevard
Church Hill, TN 37642


Things Needed for a Building Permit

  • Contractor's License Number - Contractor License Requirements TCA 62-6-103
  • Worker's Compensation Insurance Number
  • If Homeowner is Building, You Can Build Only One Home Every Two Years
  • Parcel Number
  • Block Number
  • Lot Number
  • Subdivision Name
  • Street Address
  • Homeowner's Name and Phone Number
  • Contact Name and Cell Phone Number
  • If Someone Other Than Homeowner is Remodeling Home, You Will Need to Provide Business/Contractor's License and Worker's Compensation Insurance Number
  • Anything Other Than a Single Family Dwelling Needs to be Approved by the Church Hill Planning Commission. The Planning Commission Meets every Monday of Each Month at 6:00 p.m. in the Court Room at City Hall. Please call City Hall at (423) 357-6161 Fifteen (15) days Before the Meeting Day to be Placed on the Agenda - Application to the Planning Commission/Board of Appeals
  • Demolition and Grading Requires a Permit
  • No Building Permit Required for Re-roofing if the Roofline Does Not Change
  • No Permit Required for Fences, Non-covered Decks or Swimming Pools


The City of Church Hill | 300 East Main Boulevard | Church Hill, TN 37642 | (423) 357-6161
Local Government Corporation | Email the Webmaster